CALL TO ARTIST Florida: In TRANSFORMATION
April 29th – October 30th, 2022
Imagine Museum is seeking artists working with the glass material in Florida to submit works to our 3rd Call to Artist exhibition entitled “Florida: In TRANSFORMATION”.
This Florida centric “Call to Artists” allows for Imagine Museum to showcase the very best contemporary art and artists who work with glass in the state. Florida has been transforming since its earliest recorded occupation in 12,000 BC. It transformed as the continents transformed and there has been no turning back. We have everglades, we have NASA, we have Disneyworld, we have exotic birds everywhere, alligators, dolphins and manatees abound in our waterways, we have national sports teams, and hurricanes, we occupy the Atlantic coast and the Gulf Coast and most importantly, we have an average of 280 days of sunshine and mild temperatures which brings people to our state from all over the world. Diversity, eccentricity and retirees seem to dominate a national perception of our state.
Our goal, with this theme, is to inspire artists working with the glass material to push the boundaries of Florida: In TRANSFORMATION and submit works of art that communicate your personal narrative or influences taken from this state that only glass and its profound qualities can capture.
Exhibition Information and Dates
- Submission period opens: Monday, January 10
- Submission deadline: Monday, February 28
- Notification of acceptance via email no later: Monday, March 14th
- Selected artworks received by Imagine Museum: Friday, April 8th
· Hand-delivered: To hand deliver artworks artists MUST schedule an appointment with Gallery Manager, Christian Zvonik at email@example.com or 727-300-1700 ext. 108
- Opening/Award Ceremony: Friday, April 29th
- Close of Exhibition: Sunday, October 30th
· Pick-up works by appointment with Gallery Manager, Christian Zvonik at firstname.lastname@example.org or 727-300-1700 ext. 108
For general exhibition information or questions related to the call to artists, contact: Director of Collections Management, Arlene Alvarez at email@example.com or 727.300.1700 ext. 113
How to Submit Artworks
- Artists are invited to submit artwork created within the last 3 years
- Please read Criteria and Guidelines carefully
- Download the application online at: https://www.imaginemuseum.com/call-to-artists/entry-form
- Selection process: Chosen judges will use digital images to select entries based on meeting the criteria of the exhibition, originality, creativity, quality and complexity of workmanship, artistry and impact as represented in the images submitted.
One entry submission – $35.00
Two entry submissions – $60.00
Three entry submissions – $85.00
Criteria and Guidelines
- Artworks submitted must explore the theme of Florida: In Transformation using the glass material.
- You may submit work made within the last three (3) years.
- This Call to Artist is open to anyone 18 years or older currently residing in the State of Florida and working in the field of studio glass art.
- Artists may submit up to three (3) pieces of their artwork.
- All work must be original in concept, design and execution.
- All works submitted must be at least 75% glass.
- Submitted images may be used for marketing and promotional purposes directly related to this exhibition by Imagine Museum. Copyright and all other rights remain that of the artist.
- All accepted entries must be received ready for proper install or with limited assembly. Works with electrical wiring or computer manipulation must come with accompanying equipment for installation and instructions on how to install.
- Hanging works must be suitable for wall hanging or suspension – 50 lb weight limit *(special exceptions may apply)
- Pedestal and floor works must be suitable for proper display – 75 lb weight limit *(special exceptions may apply)
- Imagine Museum will insure work in its possession during the exhibition. Artists are responsible for providing their own insurance while the work is in transit.
- No substitutions for submissions will be accepted once application and images are received. All submissions at FINAL.
- Shipping to Imagine Museum is the responsibility of the artist. Detailed delivery and shipping instructions will be emailed with your acceptance notification.
- All work must be shipped in sturdy packaging. Please include or email a packing list including photos, title, insurance values for your work as well as any assembly instructions for display.
- Imagine Museum will be responsible for return shipping of works accepted into the exhibition. Your works will be returned to you in safe and proper packing material.
Acceptance / Placement of Work
- No substitutions for accepted artwork will be allowed. All work must remain on display until the conclusion of the exhibit on Sunday, October 30th, 2022.
- All artwork is subject to review and placement discretion by the Curatorial Staff at Imagine Museum. Exhibit selection is based on relevance to the theme and stated criteria. Placement in the gallery is the sole discretion of the Curatorial Staff at Imagine Museum.
- All works shown may be available for sale by the artist. Imagine Museum will refer all interested parties directly to the artist or preferred representative and seeks no percentage of possible sales.
1st Prize: $1,000.00
2nd Prize: $700.00
3rd Prize: $300.00